Tortilla Soup without the Tortillas
- 6-8 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1.5 lbs of Ground Beef
- 2 cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro (plus some for garnishing)
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil or other healthy oil
- Chopped Cilantro
- Shredded Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Avocado Cubes
Add oil to skillet and heat, then add onion and garlic. Cook just until translucent.
Place onion and garlic mixture in stock pot.
Place ground beef in skillet and cook while adding 1/2 of cumin and chili powder spices and salt and pepper. Begin heating stock pot and add meat to stock pot. Let simmer on medium for just a few minutes or until pot seems hot. Add chicken stock, remainder of chili powder and cumin, cabbage and cilantro.
Let simmer for about 15 minutes. Garnish and enjoy.
You may want to adjust cumin and chili powder measurements based on your taste. I like a lot of both in my soup.
Click here to read or post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Simple Recipe Exchange.