Coconut Oil Benefits
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Frequently, you will hear me refer to coconut oil benefits.Coconut oil benefits are so many that my kids think it's my answer to everything.
Coconut oil is a miraculous product from what I can surmise from the research
and studies I have read. Dr. Bruce Fife is the foremost authority and
has spent a great deal of time compiling research, recipes and a host of
information about this special fruit.
Not only is it a fascinating food but a functional medicine as well.
I have been consuming about 3 tbs. daily for several years now
and I feel the difference of coconut oil benefits in my energy,
concentration, skin and teeth.
It is said that coconut oil benefits increases metabolism
due to its medium chain triglycerides. MCT's do not require bile to be
metabolized but head directly to the liver for immediate energy!
This is the true "thermogenic" effect. Many have reported that
they feel a surge of energy and bit of warmth several minutes after
consuming it! Many in fact, can't eat coconut oil later in the evening
because their energy is too high to sleep.
With its anti-microbial, anti-fungal properties, coconut oil benefits are recognized in lowering the viral load of HIV/AIDS patients which I personally have experienced with an HIV+ client I work with.
Just a few years ago, this client was lying in a hospital bed not sure if he was going home.
Once putting together a nutrition regimen which included coconut
oil, his Dr. is quite impressed with his T-Cell count today. HIV does
not have to be a death sentence with proper immune boosting foods like
that of coconut oil!
This, one of the most exciting coconut benefits.
Coconut Oil is a versatile weight loss food, medicine, cleaning agent, sunscreen, moisturizer and lubricant!
As I recommend to all of my clients, use it on in and around your body!
Coconut oil benefits are many when you bake with it, brush your teeth with it, add it to your smoothie,
a warm cup of tea or just eat it by the spoonful! Mother's, use it
instead of diaper cream and lotions! Other than white vinegar, I'm not
sure I've seen another product so versatile.
The photo below is my husband receiving a coconut opening lesson
from Herman in Uaymitun Mexico during one of our vacations.
We enjoyed coconut every day for 30 days straight on this
vacation as we had access to many trees!
Coconut Oil Benefits and Facts:
Return to top of coconut oil benefits
- Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other lipid based illnesses
- Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections,
urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and
gonorrhea, and other diseases
- Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candida, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections
- Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites
- Provides a nutritional source of quick energy, endurance, and enhancing physical and athletic performance
- Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucoseRelieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body
- Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis
- Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes
- Reduces problems associated with mal-absorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth
- Helps protect against osteoperosis
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease (Again, the bile connection)
- Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers
- Improves digestion and bowel function
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports tissue healing and repair
- Supports and aids immune system function
- Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers
- Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease
- Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease
- Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Functions as a protective antioxidant
- Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease
- Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do
- Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome
- Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
- Reduces epileptic seizures
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
Dissolves kidney stones
- Helps prevent liver disease
- Is lower in calories than all other fats
- Supports thyroid function and is synergistic with Cod Liver Oil for this purpose
- Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate
- It Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats
- Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection
- Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
- Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin
- Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
- Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion
- Provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun
As a friend of mine once said; "This sounds like the duct tape of nutrition" I truly believe it is with the benefits of coconut oil and consume it daily because of all of the above virtues.
One of my favorite stories of the health benefits of coconut oil comes from Dr. Mary Newport and her personal story of saving her husband from the demise of Alzheimer's Disease.